Monday, May 3, 2010

ScrapbookPal Design Team Entry Vintage Book!

Hello everyone today I'm sharing a 2 Vintage looking heart shaped book I designed these books using the Cricut, and other fun crafting items and supplies!


Due to my post being super LONG I'm not listing all items separate and where they all come from(way too many to list, and from too many different places) All cartridges,spellbinders, and inks can be found HERE at "Scrapbook Pal.com "



Supplies Used:
CARD STOCK CUT/with Doodlecharms Cartridge: Front&Back Cover( (4)- 5 1/2 inch Hearts(2 )pink, (2) cream")Inside Pages( (4)- 5 inch Hearts (3) cream, (1) pink) Heart Frames for inside book ( 4 inch pink, 3 1/2 inch cream, 2 1/2 inch Pink, 2 inch Cream)

Design Paper Cut for inside(I used 3 different DP patterns):(4) 4 1/2 inch hearts(inside pages),(3)5 inch hearts(front and back of book)
CARD STOCK CUT/with Christmas Cheer Cartridge:
(1) -2 inch Scallop tag square foundation in PINK, (1)- 1 1/2 foundation square,(1) 2 1/2 inch Foundation Square Pink & (1) 2 inch cream foundation square(this is the name of  the button on the pad)
SPELLBINDERS:
Cut with Fancy Tags(scrapbookpal.com)/1 cream
Cut with Scallop Circle Large(scrapbookpal.com)/1 cream
Photo Mats Cut with regular cutter/ 2 1/2 x 3 1/4 Pink, 2 1/4 x 3 cream, then 2 1/2 x 2 3/4 Pink, 2 1/4 x 2 1/2 cream.
Tag (with the beads) is Crystal Clear( I added the beads)
DISTRESS INKS:
Antique Linen, Vintage Photo,Walnut Stain(all are Tim Holtz) Use sponge to distress with! these Tim Holtz inks can be found here at Scrapbookpal.com
Embellishments:
All ribbon Rosettes are Handmade by me(see Tutorial HERE), Vintage Seam Binding(for little flowers)Ribbon for Bows(several yards for bows,rosettes),Roses(10), Buttons(6) use as desired, and crystal gem hearts(3), Bead strand for the 1 tag!
Trims&LACE:
Lace trim for front & back of front cover(this is glued to small heart on the front, and smaller heart on the back of front cover) 1 yard. Back of book heart(used decorative Tulle cut thin 1 inch long strips and attached to smaller heart )
Inside Pages:(1) 17 inch piece for first page same thing(glue to small DP heart then attach to larger heart),Back of 1st page:(cut 5 1/4 inch piece of ruffled trim), 2nd page(used different trim17 inch for around heart), and green lace 5 1/4 inch piece for on top of heart.Back of 2nd page:5 inch piece of wide flat lace to attach to this page. Last page(back of book) 6 inch piece of wide lace for top of heart.


To Start: First you will want to distress all hearts as desired. Next You will want to add your lace to all DP(as desired) or shown! Then you can attach the design paper hearts to each of the larger 5 1/2 inch hearts(do fronts, and then do backs) if sewing make sure to sew each piece(DP to 1 heart) then glue both front and back pages together(I use ATG GUN)!You will want to continue this step until all pages are together(if not sewing, you could add trims).

Now you will want to add all your pieces (tags,heart shapes,cutouts).Put tags together after you distress them, you can design them to your liking! Add them to any page. Last thing you will do is add all your rosettes,roses,buttons,ribbons! I left the photo frames with just distressing and stamped image until I want to add photo's to them. You could add your own photo's, or even a stamped image. then you can punch a hole with the crop- a -dile in the left hand corner of each heart, then use a ring to hang the pages on, if you don't have a ring to use, you could always use ribbon :)

Just have fun making this sweet book, I know I did!! :)
Here is another picture of the back cover with a picture of My Grandpa and Great Grandma! I wanted to show how you can just add the pictures in (use foam dots, or photo corner brackets) I couldn't find some old ones I had bought like 15 years ago, oops I lost them in the move maybe...hhehhehehe :)

Here is the front cover again! You can click on picture to see close up :)
Stamps are all from :
Su!
Papertrey Ink
Our Daily Bread Designs
Hero Arts
Some Satin Ribbons: Given to me by my Mom
Vintage Seam Binding from :Judy's Bebe's and friends( My mom)
Buttons :( are ones that Ive collected for the last 5 years)

Here is a video on how I made the little rosettes, and scrunched up pieces with vintage seam binding!
 ( I used these between the ribbon rosettes, and on some of the pages I used them as a rosettes under the roses! I glue them down with the hot glue gun! :) Fast and Easy!!! :)


**********************************************************
This is the 1st heart shaped notebook I made this past weekend!

The top notebook is my 2nd one made this past weekend :) Just wanted to share a sneak peek of this one :) I will have to post the pages another day this week! :)

This one has 3 pages on the inside of the book! If you want a larger book just up the supplies (adding more of the 5 inch hearts) and remember there are 2 hearts per page with card stock!! :) and  2 design papers that measure 4 1/2 inches, then decorate.
Thank you for looking and have a nice day!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

26 comments:

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

WOWZA girl!!! This is a truly exceptional work of ART!! Two BIG thumbs up, you did an amazing job!!!

Robbie said...

Wow!!! I LOVE what you have done!!! Incredibly beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing how you did it!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cher, this is beyond BEAUTIFUL!! You ROCK!!

Kerri said...

What a gorgeous book, Cheryl!!! Such beautiful details, and I am lovin' your video tutorials! Keep 'em comin' girl!

Marina said...

Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous Cheryl and I love it!

Hugs,
Marina

Irena said...

Lovely creations :)

Anonymous said...

This is a real work of art !!! Absolutely stunning. I really love this vintage and romantic look !!!
This book must have been a ton of work !!!
Hugs
Mag :)

Andrea C said...

wow this is so classy, just looks perfect

Anonymous said...

*picking my jaw up off the floor* cheryl that is amazing!!

Marley said...

Hi Cheryl!

Oh wow this is so beautifull.. I love the vintage look.
Absolutly stunning!

Big hugs xxxMarley

The Other Patti Sue said...

OMGosh Cheryl! These are over the top GOR-JUSS! Beautiful work!

Tracy said...

Totally stunning and elegant, I love the vintage look and the whole creation is really special.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Crystal said...

Oh my word Cheryl this is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS sweetie, WOW a masterpiece!!! :)

Unknown said...

Cheryl, that is simply gorgeous!! Truly love the vintage feel to this!

Kim said...

This is incredible Cheryl!

Tammy said...

These are just beautiful!!!!!!!! I do victorian in my living room and these would be sooooooo beautiful showcased.....So I might have to make one so thank you for the inspiration. Just lovely both of them.
Smiles....Tammy

Bonnie Garby said...

What an amazing project!! Just incredible. Thanks for the great video tutorial too!!

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG! GOOD LUCK! They'd be NUTS not to take you immediately! This is just stunning, Cheryl! TGF misses you already! Hope you have good news soon-this is just beautiful!

Debby said...

WOW!!! This is so beautiful.
debby

Unknown said...

Cheryl, this is just stunning! good luck with the DT call!
hugs,
Gini

Unknown said...

WoW! What a jaw-dropper!
Beautiful my friend!
Hugs,
True :D

Maria Matter said...

You, my friend, are AMAZING!!! This is so stunningly GORGEOUS Cheryl!
I'm so glad ABC led me to you & your blog!!!
Blessings!

Justine said...

That was awesome cheryl. What a fun tutorial, I had no idea I could just pull the threads to make little flowers. Love the beautiful album. WOW that is so pretty

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Cheryl! This is downright gorgeous girl!! The sheer elegance and all the details are incredible.
hugs,
Chris

Unknown said...

this is beautiful Cheryl! I love this look - you go girl!!!
Hugs

Kim said...

This is positively stunning!!! Thank you for sharing your creativity and being so generous with your instructions!