Wednesday, March 30, 2016

If I could wrap LOVE & Amaryllis Flower

Hello everyone and Happy Wednesday to all!
Today's post is going to be a short one, as I wanted to share my card designed for today's Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge. I try to join in on these at least 2 times a week, it helps to get some cards done for the year.
I loved working with today's sketch, as its a little different. I wanted to add some flowers, so I used the Spellbinders dies for these. They are done by distressing, and then using the glass Technique, and you can find that in my Tutorials. For the centers on these, I did add some red Glitter Glass. Always love using these, and it gives a little bit of a different look.
 
The Design paper is Bazzill, and so are the card stock pieces. I added sewing to each layer on my card, love how it embellishes the layers.
 
Tag- is spellbinders, and I cut it 2 times. Once in white, and the other in black. My sentiment is from "I Brake For Stamps" LOVE all the selection you can choose from. If you would like to SAVE 10% be sure to used SAVE10CHERYL at checkout.
Ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, and so are the leaves.
 
Supplies:
Dies- Spellbinders
Stamps-I Brake For Stamps
Paper- Bazzill
Ribbon/leaves- Really Reasonable Ribbon
Brads- American Crafts
Sewing/Glitter Glass
StampinUp! ink
Embossing Powder /Glue Pad/Memento Black ink
Challenges:
Splitcoaststampers /Sketch
Melonheadz Friends/Throw on the flowers
Craft-Dee Bowz/anything goes with a handmade bow(I did 2)
Come and Get it challenges/In the Garden
Really Reasonable Ribbon#137/Welcome Spring with Ribbon or Trim(I used Gingham Black)
 
Update on my Amaryllis flower

 
I have never seen this bloom before so it was super exciting taking photo's of it daily. I thought it would have 1 bloom(one flower) but it has 4 in each stem. Currently the other stem is working on opening all for, so I will have 8 flowers on this. I am not sure how long they will stay, but I am enjoying the beauty of these! I've had this for 2 years, and this is the 1st year its bloomed for me....hehehehe ok just had to share!
Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
hugs to all,
Cheryl
 

6 comments:

Nancy Hill said...

Very beautiful flowers and bow. The black and white paper with the burnt red is gorgeous with these flowers and beautiful sentiment. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon and can't wait to see your next beautiful card or project with us soon. Nancy Hill, Really Reasonable Ribbon design team member

Bunny said...

Beautiful card. Love the flowers, the paper and that gingham ribbon. Very nice. Thank you for joining us at Come And Get It challenge. Bunny DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Thia is gorgeous, Cheryl. Thanks so much for sharing in our Spring Ribbon Challenge.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Bonnie Garby said...

Fabulous card Cheryl! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Barbara Bruder said...

Love your card. Great DP and I just love love love those glass flowers.(thanks for the cool pics of your amaryllis its a beauty.Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Very pretty!

Thank you for participating in the MelonHeadz Friends “Throw on Flowers” Challenge!