Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Super EXCITING NEWS!!!!!/Video Tutorial

Hello everyone, and Happy Tuesday to all!
Today I have some very EXCITING news that I have wanted to share with you all! I am now designing for The Project Bin Company and today I am using A Way With Words "Wise Women" Stamp Set! I LOVE these stamps, as they aren't just a sentiment, they have some design to them as well, and LOVE that! They are so unique, and I LOVE that too! I am Honored to have been chosen to design for this AWESOME company, and cant wait to share all my designs using their beautiful stamps!!!
So my card for today was designed for Splitcoaststampers Color challenge. We were to use 3 colors being Old Olive, Bermuda Bay, and Elegant Eggplant. I match my colors to them as close as possible. I did add in some neutrals being cream and black.
 
Layers-
I started with black 12" x 6" card stock, and then scored at 6" to create my 6" x 6" card base. Next I cut my black card stock at 5 3/4" x 5 3/4", then the cream design paper at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2"/ added sewing. The next layer is cut at 5" x 5", then the green design paper at 4 3/4" x 4 3/4", then added sewing. Next I cut black card stock at 4 1/4" x 4 1/4", then the DCWV design paper at 4"x 4"then added sewing.
The Project Bin Stamp- I used the NEW Project Bin A Way With Words "Wise Women" stamped in Tim Holtz Distress Ink Chipped Sapphire and stamped on a cream design paper, then I distressed the edges using Antique Linen.
Dies- spellbinders for the corner brackets, and I also used one of their frames, and a corner bracket behind the top of it.
Leaves- Really Reasonable Ribbon leaves
Dots- Pebbles Glitter Dots
Ribbon-from my stash(Hobby Lobby)
Flowers- Video tutorial explains it all :) hehehehe
 
Video Tutorial using paint and Glass Flower Technique
Challenges:
SCS/Color Challenge
Creative Card Crew/#110 Die cut
Digi Choosday/Emboss It
Tuesday Throwdown/Use your diecuts
Craft-D-Bowz Challenge/Anything goes with a handmade bow
Colouring in Scrapland /Bingo(Flower, pearls, and die)
Love to Scrap Challenge/The Big Bow Theory
 
Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
hugs to all,
Cheryl
 

7 comments:

Vladuška said...

Great news, Cheryl and beautiful card. Like the flowers and the sentiment.

fiona mctiernan walker said...

Thank you for entering your make into our challenge this week at digi choosday emboss it. Love your make and your tutorial is fantastic on how you created the flowers and embossed them.
Good luck
Fiona dt x

lalkygirl said...

Congrats on your news, what a beautiful card so pretty and elegant
Thanks for joining us at Craft-Dee BowZ and good luck
Tracey x

Julie Schinkel said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joinng us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog - Julie DT Member

Kim said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Congrats on your new job Cheryl, how exciting!! Your card is gorgeous, I especially love the gorgeous purple flowers. Thanks so much for joining our Embossing Challenge at Digi Choosday!! Hugs:) Audrey DT
PS, is that your chow in the sidebar? I love chows, we have 3:)

MariLynn said...

Congratulations Cheryl. This card is gorgeous. Love how your flowers look.