Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Club Scrap September Artist Team Challenge


Hello everyone, and welcome to Club Scraps September Artist Team Challenge! This month the September challenge is to incorporate watercolor techniques into your projects by using Watercolor paints, pencils or crayons, Gelatos, dye-based inks, etc. I ended up using faber castell's Pitt artist pens, pencils, and a gelato for my flowers and apples.

You should have arrived from Debbie's blog, however if you did not , you might want to start from the beginning at Karen's Club Scrap Blog , that way you won't miss any of the Design Teams Beautiful creations today.

I LOVED making this layout using the new Orchard collection and LOVE all the beautiful design papers, cardstock and embellishment that came in this months kit. I  chose for my layout today to watercolor all flowers, and then the stamped apples and color them with pencils from faber castell. I then used the glass flower technique on all flowers and the apple image. This page was super fun and easy to create. The thing that took the longest would be handmade flowers, and even then it didn't take me long at all. My page was very simple for me as I added 2 photo matts and my embellishments. Love how the apples turned out too using this fun technique. I did add a photo to show you what the flowers look like before using the glass flower technique on them.

 In the photo above you can see how I watercolored them, and then how the look after doing the Glass flower technique on them. LOVE how the color is much deeper and bright.

Club Scrap Supplies Used:
Orchard Deluxe Club Kit
Orchard corrugated Tag
Orchard Jumbo unmounted Stamps
Orchard 12 x 12 prints
Orchard bottle caps with epoxy stickers
Ribbon and fibers that come in the deluxe kit
Orchard Embellishments Cutaparts
Permanent Jet Black ink

Other supplies-
Glue pad
clear embossing powder
Heat gun
sewing machine with green thread
faber castell
Doily from cheery lynn designs
hope you enjoyed my post for today, as I truly enjoyed creating my layout for today using the the beautiful NEW Orchard Collection! Please let me know what you think as I always enjoy reading your wonderful comments!
Thank you so much for joining us and stopping by!!!
Your NEXT stop is Josette's Blog
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

10 comments:

Hetty said...

This is a stunning page, Cheryl and great technique tips.

Wendy Bellino said...

Gorgeous LO Cheryl and I see you added your signature stitching! What is the glass flower technique? Do your use a melting pot to melt the embossing powder and dip the flowers in or just a heat gun? The flowers really do look like glass!

Cheryl Walker said...

Wendy thank you and the glass flower technique is using the heat gun, I have several tutorials on my blog under the tutorials up at the top of my page. I will add the link when I go down to the computer and update.
Thank you
Hugs Cheryl

Ink Stained Roni said...

Such a lovely lay-out! Turned out beautifully.

Wendy Bellino said...

Oh awesome! I'll have a look!

Karen Wyngaard said...

I really like the dimension that technique creates. So many details to enjoy. Great layout.

Lisa D said...

Gorgeous flowers! I love the dimension and shine. Very beautiful layout.

jen t. said...

Beautiful page! I love the embossed flowers and apples!!!

Finding Your Niche said...

Awesome! I can't wait to try this technique. Fabulous page and loving all the handmade embellishments. TFS!

KnitterPam said...

As always, so many details to look at, Cheryl! Thanks for being a Club Scrap design team member. I love all the different styles our team has!