Friday, September 19, 2008

IC146 borrow a Cup of Smiles


I made this card for todays Inspiration Challenge. You were to view these mondo dishes , and get your inspiration from them.
My inspiration came from the colors. I used blue,brown, and white, also a little yellow, and green.
The stamp I used is from Pink Poison stamps, It is a preview of the new upcoming stamps for oct 1st release.
On my card I stamped the cup/mouse in choc chip, and then watercolored the mouse brown. I watercolored the cup with bashful blue, and the flower is so saffron, with a little bit of ruby red. The leaves are certainly celery. The brown flower is dyed with choc chip re-inker, and so is the brown ribbon. i also dyed the blue ribbon with bashful blue. The background is embossed with the cb and I used bashful blue on the backside of the folder. The oval was dipped in a mix of beads. If you are wondering how I get my cards in envelopes/ I used bigger envelopes than my cards, and I always face the front of my cards to the front of the envelope! :) Thanks for looking!!!!!
Stamps can be found here~Pink Poison click on the catolog to view Oct 1st releases.

9 comments:

Diane said...

Very nice card...darling stamp! I love your combo of colors you did...pretty!

Soguesswhat11 said...

wow, this is nice... I didn't think organdy ribbon would take color so well. Looks so nice!!

Elena said...

Very darling and so sweet! Love the colors1 Your water coloring is so beautiful! The roses are very pretty!

The Greeting Farm said...

I like it! I also like the cupcake below. Can I put in gallery? hahahahaha.

Angie Williams said...

This is a really beautiful card. I love the light blue with brown!

nancy said...

Cheryl, congrats & welcome to the Pink Poison DT! Your cards are beautiful, I especially like your watercoloring & color selection on this one...just gorgeous!! -nancy :)

Elizabeth said...

LOVE this card - and yes I was wondering how you would get it in the envelope :)

loretta said...

nice card, love the combo of colors and the layout pretty pretty!

Lorraine said...

your bows are the most amazing and awesome embellishments I have ever seen on a card! how do you do them! they are stunning! do you have one of those bow dazzlers? lol