Tuesday, February 23, 2016

CC571 Precious Memories

Hello everyone, today's card was designed for Splitcoaststampers Color challenge today.
I made this card to send to a old neighbor friend in California who's mom passed away. It is so sad, and has been on my mind for many days now. Funeral was last Saturday, we couldn't attend, so we did send flowers. Now we will be sending each of the children and her husband a card. She was a dear sweet lady, and I feel so bad for the family.

So for my card I have to admit, I had a hard time finding the right color purple to match the wisteria color, oh boy! heehe so I used what I had, simple enough, I should have done that in the beginning. It took me longer to find the paper , than it did to make the card...heheh go figure! hahahaha


Flowers-
On my card I used Heartfelt creations Rose Creations die to cut the flowers out of Heartfelt Creation DP! they were airbrushed with copicBV00, and then distressed with dusty concord distress ink. I spritzed them with a pearl spritz, and then shaped them. Next I glued them together and added some American Crafts glitters.
Layers-
Next I picked the design paper from Ella Blue (GDC studios) for my layered background pieces. I figured I would bring in more blue that way. I added some sewing to each panel.

frame-
was cut using spellbinders, then distressed the edges with walnut stain, and dusted with frayed burlap
fancy corners-
those are HC and were cut using bazzill blank check card stock.
Sentiment-
Heartfelt Creations HCPC 3377 Sympathy Sentiments precut set.
Embellishments-
Branches are Martha Stewart, and Ribbon is Really Reasonable Ribbon. I used an OLD vintage button for the center of my bow.

Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
hugs to all,
Cheryl

1 comment:

Janice said...

Beautiful card Cheryl, love the colours and design, very pretty indeed. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Jx