Saturday, February 27, 2016

ODBDSLC270-Grandma/Happy Mothers Day

Hello everyone,
Today I am super excited to be playing along in Our Daily Bread Designs challenge. This week is my 1st week in a LONG time since I have played in any blog challenges :)
 
So for my card I figured I would make a Mothers Day card for my Mom from the Kids! They will give this one to her :) I did flip this sketch to the side, as I wanted to be able to place these stamps on and around the oval!

Instructions-
Card Base- first I cut my card base 6" x 12" score at6" , next cut my pink card stock at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2", and then the wine Polka Dot DP at 5 1/4" x 5 1/4". for the next layer with the HEARTS - cut 4 1/4" x a little under 5" , then the dp at 4" x 4 3/4". Lastly add sewing to all
 
Stamps- I stamped my sentiment in memento black ink 1st, and then used the spellbinders oval doily, taping it, so it would not move when running through the machine. Then I dusted around the spellbinders frame, to give a distress look using antique linen.  Next I stamped my flower stamp and colored with copic markers RV21,RV11,RV23,RV34,V91,R39,YG03,YG95,G24.
 
Embellishments- I made my bow with Really Reasonable Ribbon Velvet, and attached using hot glue, next I added a vintage button. Lastly 3 half back pearls are placed in the upper right hand corner.
 
Supplies Used:
Our Daily Bread Designs /MOM set
Copics /Coloring(RV21,RV11,RV23,RV34,V91,R39,YG03,YG95,G24,)
Really Reasonable Ribbon/Velvet ribbon
Making Memories/Design Paper
Spellbinders/Oval dies
Embellishments/Sewing and half backed pearls/vintage button
 
So Happy to be able to play along! Thank you for a wonderful sketch!
hugs
Cheryl

2 comments:

gwen said...

Lovely card ! Love how you did this sketch on its side with the roses framing the verse, pretty colors too !!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Cheryl, your card is beautiful!! I just love the creative and beautiful design on the sketch!! Your details are perfect! The side view of the sketch is perfect! Love the roses! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!!