Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Cheery Lynn March Blog Hop

 Hello everyone and Welcome to Cheery Lynn Designs March Release Hop. Today all of the Cheery Lynn Designers will be showcasing the IOE Embossing Folders & Plates. So grab yourself a cup of your favorite beverage and enjoy todays hop.


You should have arrived from Maggi's Blog.  if not you will want to start at the beginning, The Cheery Lynn Designs Blog so you don't miss any of the designers posts for today.
For my card today I chose to use Cheery Lynns Beautiful dies along with the New IOE folder and plate. LOVE using these, as it was fun creating the "Thank You so much " border, and then the "Thank You" in the center of my card.

I wanted you to be able to see it really well , so I chose to use this shimmer cardstock, and then emboss the sentiment and highlight using some silver Brilliance ink.

Layer 1 - Card Base 5 1/2" x 5 1/4" light grey
Layer 2- 5 1/4" x 5 1/4" dark grey card stock, then 5" x 5" design paper from
Layer 3 is Cheery Lynns Royal Scandinavian Doily , then cut in half on the diagonal. Next I cut my dark grey layer, then my shimmer layer that I used the IOE Thank you Wishes Folder and IOE
Square Plate

Layer 4-Next for the embossed sentiment area I embossed the Thank you , then cut out using the oval dies. Next for the dark grey I chose to use Cheery Lynns Fancy frame called Mirror CABD-74

Layer 5- Flowers and these were cut using the Cheery Lynn Tea Rose Small die, and some light pink dp. Next I chose to do the Glass Flower Technique and distress the edges of each petal with 2 different red inks. Lastly I added some Really Reasonable Ribbon Pearls to the centers(8mm and 10mm)

Cheery Lynn Dies and IOE's used:
IOE Thank You Wishes Embossing Folder
IOE Square Plates
Royal Scandinavian Doily Die
Wreath Strip
Tea Rose Small for flowers
Mirror CABD-74

Design paper is Authentique Uncommon Collection. I have to say I LOVE this collection,

Sewing is my embellishment for today.


I hope you enjoyed my post for today!!! Please let me know what you think of my card, as I always enjoy reading the wonderful comments!! thank you all so much!!!
Your NEXT stop on the Hop is Laurie's Blog ! Hope you have enjoyed today's hop and Thank you for stopping by!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

24 comments:

Grudniowe Handmade said...

WOW! I love it!

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Cheryl and I love how the embossing really 'pops' on the shimmer cardstock. So pretty with the color palette you used.

Pssequimages said...

Love the stitches, and the foil mat...It is so easy to see the size of that EF with your beautiful card. Thank you for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Your card is beautiful. I spent so much time looking at all the elements you have on your card. Thank you.

Darlene said...

Oh Cheryl this is just GORGEOUS (as are all your designs)! Love all the layers and your choice of colors is stunning!

Auntie Watson said...

Lovely and unique use of color in this presentation.

Unknown said...

GORGEOUS! I love it all! Your Designer Papers and stitching background is beautiful! As is the texture and layout and your flowers. Super Fabulous!!!

Super Stick Chick said...

Wonderful card, love all the great embossed texture and fabulous layering.

Nancy said...

WOW!!!! I always love your cards but this one is exceptional. I am almost drooling over the shimmer card stock and wonder if the little design I see on it was something you embossed, or if it came that way? I noted your glass flowers immediately and must try that technique soon. I have not bought any Cheery Lynn dies yet but always save them to my wish list. I think I have to start whittling away at the list. This card is pure delight and I imagine anyone who would receive it would treasure it. Beautiful job! Thank you for sharing.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I adore this card. So elegant in every way with those beautiful flowers and shimmery papers.

Savannah H said...

A breathtaking, exquisite card that showcases your exceptional talent- How delighted the receiver would be to get such a magnificent card!

Outrageousred said...

That shimmer paper really makes the embossing pop! Your creation is beautiful! Thank you 👍🏼

ellen glasgow ...Australia said...

what a great card, the embossing is so clear and so much thought gone into it

cindybearj said...

I love the lovely shimmery goodness of this card. The embossed Thank You's look awesome!

C. Linsner said...

This is an absolutely beautiful card. Thank you for sharing your talents.

laurie said...

Wow....so stunning...love it Cheryl!!

Carol Henderson said...

Lovely card. I like the grey with the pink and reds.

Unknown said...

Love, love , love it! what an awesome card. the IOEplate thank you wishes embossing really does pop on the card

The Crafty Critter said...

This is my favorite project so far on the hop! I love your stitching and all of the fine details you added to the embossing! What do you use to do the stitching? Thank you so much for the inspiration!
-Miranda
TheCraftyCritter.com

Lady Bug Stampers said...

Oh your card is absolutely stunning. I love everything about it. Love the colors the embossing the die cuts and the colors. I love that thank you plate and am sure hoping I win one!!!

Linda

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Love it. So beautiful.

Unknown said...

Wow!!! Love your card, just beautiful.

Kathy said...

This is a stunning card. I love the colours!

fusiafscrapping said...

What a stupendous creation!