Wednesday, May 20, 2009

PDD Wed/Your Special

Ive included lots of pictures to show how I made this card!!! Hope you enjoy !! First: I used crackle paints to make my background border.
I started with the antique linen,and the vintage photo. The bronze I used after.

You will want to dabb around the edges using both colors at the same time


This is super easy and gives a real pretty look to the paper.
Last I added the bronze .
In this picture you can see it real good.




Now for the flowers. I used the antique bronze crackle paint on them too.

In this picture I just wanted to show you what the flowers look like before I started. (the bottom 2 are not done here in this pic)


Now to add some shimmer to the dp. I used forever red on the dp, and perfect bronze on the outside dp that I made.

You can see how much water I used on the little bit of perfect pearls. This was enough to do the border.


And here is another picture showing what the dp looks like after I added the red just to different areas. I didnt use it all over the dp.
You can see both in this picture too.

And here is my card all done!!!

Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!!!
Also please stop by my Pez-A-Doodle DT sisters blogs to see what they have for you today:)
Supplies can be found here at Pez-A-Doodle Designs
Perfect pearls : Green Patina, Perfect Bronze, Forever Red
Crackle paint : Vintage Photo, Antique Linen, Antique Bronze
I used the Green Patina on the swirls under the flowers!!
Also dont forget to stop off at Pez-A-Doodle Design to see the new glittered skittles and Blackberry Nesties Frames you can view them HERE
Hugs,
Cheryl

23 comments:

Heidi said...

dont you just love that crackle paint! Love the look to this card cheryl- very pretty!

Jennifer Talley said...

Very cool technique Cheryl! Thanks for sharing!

Joy said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a gorgeous project! :)

www.stampingcountry.typepad.com said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Lovely card.

Cassie said...

just stunning!! it turned out so, so gorgeous!!

www.stampingcountry.typepad.com said...

Thanks for the tutorial. Lovely card.

jacque4u2c said...

Just elegant and stunning! Thanks so much for sharing the steps!

Joey said...

Hiya Cheryl, this is stunning, the effect of the crackle paint is gorgeous. Joey.x

Maria said...

Hey Cheryl, I'm really lovin' that crackle paint. I saw one of your tutorial on the crackle paint and wanted to try it out. A few days ago I actually was going to buy a few of them but I'm sort of in a spending freeze and had to stop myself from buying them. I can sometimes be an impulse buyer and well, I'm trying not to do that.

Thank you for sharing the tutorial. The results are fantastic and I definitely do want to try it out one day. Your card turned out beautiful. I love the color results of the crackle paint on your card. As always, gorgeous card!

Maria

Jaspere said...

This technique looks awesome. Of course I'm a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal so I can't imagine trying it but I do think it looks fabulous.

Becky said...

wow, that was an interesting tutorial, I have never used paints, this is just gorgeous, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

gosh this is amazing....superb card all choccy box...at its finest hugs sassyx

Jennifer Engle said...

WOW! that is breath taking! What a beautiful technique!

Ginny said...

simply stunning!

Unknown said...

oh wow, its amazing!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Gorgeous card! I love that big bow, too.

Melissa said...

That is fantastic! I never used that product before.

Michelle said...

gaw-juss cheryl...
ive been MIA for a few days.and am glad that i visited to see what youve been up to...
TFS!

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

wow wow.. thanks cheryl for the tut.. i have seen the paints at michaels but had no clue how to use them.
the look you got with those is just amazing!!!!
hugs

Gina Lindsay said...

Wow this is beautiful. Love the way you changed the look of the paper. Your flowers and bow are gorgeous!

Carmen said...

Great card!! Thanks so much in showing how you made it!!

Anonymous said...

What a grand project Cheryl. I love how you are dabbling in differnt mediums...girl after my own heart!

Anonymous said...

that is freakin fantastic!