Sunday, February 20, 2011

Diaper Cake and Card Plus Video's

Hello everyone today I wanted to share a Diaper Cake I made for my BEST Friend Donnie. Her shower was yesterday and we had a Wonderful time!
Supplies used:
120 huggies size 1
2 hooded towels(around bottom tier of cake)
14 washclothes
socks(made into flowers) and some just there
Receiving blankets(made into big flowers) and around 2nd tier from top
Soft Baby Blanket
Lots of onesies
4 gowns
4 outfits
Big botttle of baby wash,shampoo, and powder
Teething rings
Rattles
Nail clipper set , brush set
doggie slippers
6-8 bibs(cant remember) lol
2 caps

I added the baby card to the top of the cake and will have pictures below of it!
there are 3 videos Before,After and Video on Roses made with Socks and Receiving Blankets!


Video of diaper cake when I was just starting it, this is to show you that there are diapers and wash inside :) and I just rolled the diapers and used small hair rubberbands
Video of completed diaper cake I used cardboard(2 pieces ) and used the ATG gun to tape them together and then added white paper(came on a roll)
Video on Roses with Washclothes and Receiving Blanketes!
These are super easy to make and the cake was sooo much fun to make!
Here is the card I used for the Top of the cake, I used the DARLING Baby Boy Monkey Digi Image from Whimsie Doodle found here!
Ribbons are from Really Reasonable Ribbon and can be found HERE! You can see all blue ribbons by searching by color!

Challenges:
Digi Doodle Shop/Anything goes
Thrilling Thursday/show us what youve got
Totally Paper Craft/Do it with digi(my monkey image)
Paper Pretties/Card for a child(BABY)

Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl


14 comments:

Ms. Jen said...

WOW Cherryl, that's quite the creation! Looks like you put alot of time and effort into it, it's just beautiful. I'm sure your bestie was just ecstatic over it.

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning girlfriend!
What an amazing gift too!
Hugs,
True :D

Unknown said...

Just AMAZING! What a great gift and card. Thanks so much for sharing them with us this week at Shelly's Images.

Chrissy said...

WOW!! Fabulous gift. What a lot of work, but totally worthwhile.
Wonderful job.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Anonymous said...

Wow! This card is fantastic and such a lot of work! I love cards with sewing and your colors are lovely. Thanks for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey this week. hugs ~ Cindy

Sue said...

Hi Cheryl
wow that is fantastic, a fabulous gift, totally gorgeous card, lovely image & colouring, fab design,thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next time, sue,x

Bonnie Garby said...

Awesome diaper cake Cheryl! You just raised the bar for everyone that makes diaper cakes! Thanks for sharing the tutorials on how you made the roses from the washcloths and blankets.

Chris said...

OMG! that diaper cake is phenomenal and that monkey card is too cute! Almost makes me want to have a baby so I can get me one - ah, but no, I'll just admire this one.
thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

Janiel/ janny said...

Hi Chery, THis is a wonderful gift!! I have made these on a smaller scale but I tell ya that the large size scale is just FAB!!!
hugs, Janiel

WeirdCat said...

The whole gift is amazing,I would have hated to take it apart, thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best this week
Ruth x

Stephanie said...

Wow! This is fab! I love how you used many goodies. Thanks for sharing with us at Shelly's Images.

Heidi said...

Cheryl this is amazing. How do you move it? What a great centerpiece and conversational piece. I know NO ONE having a baby- too bad.

Dana said...

What a great project!!! I am sure the new mom will be thrilled!! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs~
Dana

craftieodmae said...

WOW! You never sease to amaze me, you out did your slef with this one!!!!!!