Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Joyous Noel

2 Flap it Cards for today!
Hello everyone I wanted to share a couple of my cards created for Heartfelt Creations!
1st one is Joyous Noel-
I made the flap it part for the main focus on my card. The outside is stamped with Memento black ink with “Joyous NOEL” I then colored the NOEL and outlined the swirls with a green copic. For the inside of the flap it I stamped “Joy to the World the Lord is come”
Supplies Used:
BasicGrey Dp
Ribbon,button
sewing
Noel embellishment
Next on the inside of my card I stamped the music notes randomly on the white cardstock, and then the noel as well. I used Tim Holtz Distressed ink in Antique Linen. Then I stamped “Glory to God in the Highest�”
Layers are
6 x 12 for card base fold in half for main layer:
5 ½ x 5 ½ neutral of choice
5 x 5 wine
4 ¾ x 4 ¾ dp
smaller 2 layers
3 ¼ x 2 ¼ wine
3 x 2 neutral of choice
2 ¾ x 1 ¾ dp
Flap it:
3 x 4 wine(cut 2 1 for top and 1 for bottom)
2 ¾ x 3 ¾ neutral (cut 3 2 for inside)
2 ½ x 3 ½ white for Joyous Noel
2 x 2 wine folded in half. Use this to attach the top flap to the bottom by attaching the fold to the backside of the front(attach to the top in the middle) then take your neutral color panel and attach over the fold. Do the same for the bottom piece. This way you wont see it. You can also just take a 4 x 6 piece of wine cardstock and just fold it in half to create the flap just like a card it would end up to be a 4 x 3 card on top.
2nd Flap It Card-
Supplies Used:
Really Reasonable Ribbon
Crafty Secrets Dp(from ABC Toys and Crafts)
flowres,and sewing
I stamped the church in black memento ink and colored with copics and cut out. Next I used the spellbinders diecuts to cut both my circles for layering, and then added sewing with gold metallic thread

For the flap I cut 2 brown cardstocks to measure 4 x 4, then cut the dp for the top at 3 1/2 x 3 1/2. for the inside I cut a 4 x 4 cream cardstock for the backside of the top, then stamped Glory to God in the Highest. I also added my sewing and then attached this piece to the backside.
Next I cut a 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 polka dot dp and stamped the "And Peace on earth Goodwill to Man" then I attached this to the brown and added sewing.
I added flourishes ,bow,and flowers to complete my card.

Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!

Here is a link to the Heartfelt Creations Blog so you can take a peek at all the wonderful projects!
Hugs,
Cheryl

No comments: