Saturday, November 6, 2010

Vintage Tussy Mussy's

Happy Saturday to all! Todays post is with 3 different Tussy Mussys! I had seen one that Gini had made and LOVED it! So I just had to try making these!

On my first Tussy Mussy I used Stamps from Heartfelt Creations
HCD701 Posy Patch Matching Diecut
Pearls
Buttons
Vintage Lace, Trims
Ribbon(Really Reasonable Ribbon wine satin, scalloped trim Antique Gold

HISTORY on TUSSY MUSSY:

•During the English Gregorian period (1714--1760), pestilence was rampant and indoor plumbing was not. Elegant ladies would often carry small bouquets of fragrant herbs and flowers to fend off noxious odors. Also known as nosegays, tussy mussies remained popular through the Victorian era.
Read more: Tussy Mussy History








 Currant Use:
•Today, tussy mussies are still given as gifts, and they are a popular choice for bridesmaids' bouquets. Modern tussy mussies often deviate from the original round shape, but remain relatively small.

On my next Tussy Mussy I used Heartfelt Creations HCPC3303Posey Patch Stamps & Matching diecutsHCD701. I stamped on the green dp to match the tussy mussy. Then cut out with the dies. Next I added pearls to the centers, buttons,vintage roses, trim , vintage lace and Ribbon from Really Reasonable Ribbon! its called Satin with Grosgrain Moss!!
My Last Tussy Mussy for today


 Supplies Used

HCPC3303 Posey Patch stamps
Posey diecuts
Glue pad, Glitter, Pearls,White Gala Glitz(for some centers of flowers)
DCWV dp
Lace, Bridal Trim, Ribbon (satin) from Really Reasonable Ribbon
Pearl strands

Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
Hugs,
Cheryl

3 comments:

Angelica Turner said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!! So detailed and beautiful.

Dee Jackson said...

This is gorgeous!! I love all the added details.

Cathy C said...

These are absolutely beautiful! We have a wedding coming up for our daughter and were considering using these for the bridesmaids to carry. Wish I could make them as beautiful as this!