Sunday, December 12, 2010

Really Reasonable Ribbon December Blog Hop!

Hello everyone and Welcome to RRR December Blog Hop!! Be sure to grab your favorite drink and hop along to all my DT Sisters blogs today to see some wonderful projects :)
12 Drawer Trinket Box
The Really Reasonable Ribbon Blog Hop starts at the RRR Blog HERE!
If you get lost along the way here is the complete lineup for todays hop!
Cheryl (Me)
I wanted to try making a 12 drawer Trinket box and it worked!! I did have to change up the measurements and will share them after the holidays. Right now I have alot going on :)

For my Box I used All Really Reasonable Ribbon and made the Rose Drawer pulls(they are handmade roses)
I also used the Brown leaves around the flowers. and ribbon for my bow. All these can be found in Decembers Ribbon Club Kit! LOVE this kit!!! And you will too!!
Supplies Used on my Box:
Really Reasonable Ribbon Dec Club Assortment(Brow ruffle,Brown satin,Brown leaves) I also used Scalloped trim green 
DCWV Mariposa pack/PTI dp and yellow cardstock
Heartfelt Creations Daisy Patch dicut and Love is sentiment
Gala Glitz in Brown
Flourishes in brown, butterfly,brads,and sewing
Challenges ive entered my box into are:
Craft Your Days Away/Diecuts
Crafty Emma Challenge/Anything but a christmas card(My box)
Alphabet Challenge/G is for Glitter(my gala Glitz glitter in the centers of the flowers)
Mami Doodles/anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday/Flowers
Creative Card Crew/anything Goes

On my box I used satin brown ribbon to make my ribbon roses(for drawer pulls) and then used the scalloped trim in green for around the roses for the look of leaves. On my diecut flowers by the sentiment I used brown leaves they come in this months club assortment found HERE! There are a total of 12 drawers on this box. 3 on each side, and they all have handmade roses on them for the look of drawer pulls. I cut out the tops of the drawers with a circle punch, and that is how I open them :)

For the top of my box I wanted it to have a calendar. I think it gives a little added extra for the trinket box. The calendar can be changed out yearly. I used foam dots to the calendar so it can be replace year after year. You could use velcro, but I went the easy way ...lol
I hope you enjoyed todays post, I love making these boxes, and have another idea in store for a Trinket box :) Cant wait to share :)
Your next stop on the Hop is True's Blog! Have fun!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

54 comments:

CraftinGranny said...

Cheryl, I love the boxes that you create and this chest is really outstanding. Gorgeous work! "Hugs" Carol

Jolita said...

I love this kind of boxes, they are perfect for little gifts and surpirises.

Hugs, Jolita

craftieodmae said...

Cheryl you never cease to amaze me with all your talent, this is over the rainbow!! you do have my address don't ya LOL

Unknown said...

Another beautiful box Cheryl!
You have mastered the art my friend!
Hugs,
True :D

dmbennett said...

Beautiful project. I love the colors you used, all blend together very nicely. I have not yet made one of these chests, but I may have to give it a try after the holidays, they are soo great looking...

Lisa Wicklund said...

Oh WOW!..That would take me a month to complete!! Thank you for sharing!

Lisa

Mickie said...

OH YES, this is fantastic! Love your colors and I have to know how you did this. I am now a follower since I hopped over here, glad I found you.

Melissa said...

So beautiful!

Melissa
www.disneydreamerdesigns.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

This box is beyond gorgeous! I just lvoe it!

Pam said...

This box is fantastic, you're very talented!

Sharon said...

Oh my, your trinket box is gorgeous! I have been thinking about trying a simple box compared to yours. Wow! Great job.

Tammy said...

This is absolutely stunning!! LOVE IT!!

Tanya said...

OMG, this is amazing! It looks like something you may pick up from one of those sweet little specialty stores, just stunning!

Helen said...

Hi,

Your creations are stunning!

PamSpradlin said...

I love this box. It is absolutely gorgeous. I will be looking for the measurements.

angelique (anlou) said...

oh my sweetie
your card on the box is amazing
the box itself is just stunning
love the color combo
hugs angelique

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh!! I just love your trinket box!! You are so very talented!! All your boxes are super Pretty!! TFS!!!

ilovetonkinese2athotmaildotcom
http://ibecircled.blogspot.com
Rexann

Kerri said...

This looks AMAZING, Cheryl! I peeked at your other box the other day, and favorited the site with the directions. I don't think I'll be able to create one as beautiful as yours, but would love to try one sometime:) Thank you for the inspiration!

Chris said...

this is gorgeous!!!!!

scrapperbecka said...

WOW great card and that box they are so beautiful

Simply AJ said...

Wow, your box is awesome! You really did a great job. Love all of the special details. Thanks so much for sharing. AJ - aj_822atyahoodotcom

Julye said...

Wow this is gorgeous and a breath of spring too, thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

OMG this is stunning, I love the papers, flowers, oh I love it all. Merry Christmas Suzanne x

Irit Shalom said...

Love your project and what a lovely ribbon hop!

Lindy said...

WOW what a stunning trinket box. Absolutely gorgeous!

TFS :) Happy Holidays!

Chrissy said...

Totally stunning.Gorgeous work.
Luv CHRISSYxx

Margreet said...

what a beautiful box Cheryl!
xxx Margreet

Randi WS said...

Hi Cheryl!
Stunning!! That's my only word for you!! ;D

Hugs, Randi WS

Anne said...

what a gift that would make.. great job.. -anne-

Rita Hutcheson-Cobbs said...

OMGosh, this is fabulous...I totally love it...thanks for sharing!

Tabitha said...

That is such a great project. Love everything about it. It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Nikki said...

What a Stunning box it's so beautiful thanks for sharing
hugs Nikki C

Cor* said...

Cheryl this is utterly amazing!! Good for you for getting the measurments right! An awesome, awesome creation!

Unknown said...

Wow Cheryl...EXQUISITE! And your drawer pulls are out of this world...simply amazing! Thanks for sharing this beautiful creation!

Vicki said...

This is beautiful. Can't wait for the instructions. Have a wonderful holiday.

Aphra Bolyer said...

WOW!!! What an amazing project. Gorgeous!

Amy said...

Love this, especially the handmade ribbon rose drawer pulls! I would love to see a tutorial. Thanks for sharing!

jude said...

Cheryl ...This is absolutley stunning hun.Just Gorgeous thanks for showcasing
hugs judex

sammi said...

Fab box!

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, this is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Mami Doodles! :)

Peggy said...

Wow, this is amazing and 12 drawers. You always do such inspiring work and I have made several of your card folds. Have a very Merry Christmas.
God bless,
Peggy Allen

Kim. said...

Wow, wow, wow this is an amazing box you are one talented lady.
Kim xXx

Unknown said...

Simply stunning Cheryl. You mind is an amazing place to be when it comes to your creativity. Thanks for sharing

Mona`s Bittelille Scrappekrok said...

OMG!!!!!! Totally gorgeous!!!! Love, love, love it! You have really done an amazing job here! The colours are so beautiful together! Hugs...Mona

Lynne Forsythe said...

OK...so let me get this right....YOU MADE THE BOX...omw!!! TOTALLY AMAZING!!

Bonnie Garby said...

WOW!! This box is absolutely amazing! I can't wait for the tutorial after the holidays. I'm going to have to make myself one of these!!! Gorgeous job!

DonnaSue said...

What beautiful boxes with all that detail!

Lesley said...

Beautiful box! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet and CYDA challenges xx

Vicky said...

WOWWWWW....this is absolutely stunning!!!!
Thankyou for joining us at CES Challenges this week, good luck.

Hugs Vicky xx

Julie said...

OMG - this is so fabbie - I'm in awe!! Thanks for joining in our challenge at CES this week. Juliex

Chrissie said...

Simply FABULOUS!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at the CCC this week!
Happy Christmas!
Chrissie

Amanda said...

This is an absolutely stunning trinket box. Thanks for joining in with our “Punch it Out” challenge at Craft Your Days Away

Happy New Year!

Crafty Creations by AJ
Amanda

mscrafty said...

What a beautiful trinket box. I can't wait to see the tutorial so I can try to make one as beautiful as yours. Just a note, the video tutorials are great, but is there any chance you could do a written tutorial with pics so we could print it off and have something to follow while we are creating?

Keep up the beautiful work.

cKgo said...

What a beautiful trinket box? Have you done the video tutorial yet? Tat is a tutorial I HAVE to watch!