Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Angels Landing "For a special Friend" (Alcohol Inks and Opalite)!

Todays post is for Angels Landing.com, our challenge for today was NO WHITE!!!lol I love this!! Of course we always seem to use white, so this was nice!!! :) Thank you Judi!!! This is another notebook, and of course by now you know I love making them!!Right???? :) LOL
Also for today Im sharing another alcohol ink technique on this darling bear from Angels Landing!



First I picked my colors:
As you can see my tile is a mess!!!LOL that is fine. I used the mustard seed, Ginger and latte upper top where they are running together.
The red you can see, and the LITTLE drop of green is in the middle. I added Alcohol solution to them all. That way the ink wont be soooo dark. I always test to my scrap paper to see what it will look like before it ever touches the image.
I dabb darker around the edges and lighter towards the face. On the bear I used all colors I believe except green. The greein I used for the stem of the flower.


The sponge brush works well too lift any excess ink off of the image! And to add the Opalite to the top of your image. I use both sides:)


Lastly I used the opalite on top of the bear!!
I wanted to take a picture of all products used!

Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl

10 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What could be more perfect for this sweet bear than these rich golden browns!! Beautiful, beautiful work, Cheryl!!

Thanks for all the careful details!! I always learn something new from your wonderful tutorials!

csroyal said...

Super coloring technique! Gorgeous card and I love those big bows! I have a ribbon phobia.. can't seem to tie a bow to save my life! Your's are fabulous!

Judi M said...

Another great tutorial, Cheryl. I made a couple of your Post-it Notes covers and matching RSVP pens with two girls, ages 4 and 7. They were totally fascinated with the projects, and we had such a fun time.

Broni said...

What a beautiful cover for your notebook, Cheryl! I love how you colored the bear with the alcohol ink. Great tutorial!

paige said...

I love the warm colors on this one!

Lauri said...

You always have the best tuts! I have not taken the alcohol inks plunge..but you make it look so easy!

Kathy said...

I had no idea what to do with the distress and alcohol inks, thanks for the last two posts. Really gives me an idea of how to use them. Very helpful tutorials and fabulous projects as always!

Sue McMahon said...

Hi Cheryl! What a cute teddy bear card and great tutorial! TFS!

I have a surprise for you but I couldn't find your email address to tell you about it. Can you email me at mcmahonfive @ gmail.com (remove the spaces) by October 11th?

Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Sue

Dawn said...

just adorable..and your signature bows are beautiful!

get tutorial too

Jennifer Talley said...

Super cool technique! Thnaks for sharing! You card turned out super cute!