Monday, October 3, 2016

Christmas Window of Wishes

 Hello everyone, super excited to be sharing another Christmas card made for JustRite Papercrafts & Really Reasonable Ribbon. For my card today I used several dies and stamps from JustRite, and then beautiful Gingham Ribbon and Twine from RRR.

I made the window on my card by using 2 dies, and love the way it turned out. The paper also works perfect with this window, as it looks like a curtain and love the little gingerbread men. hehehehe

Card Instructions-
Card measures white 6 x 12 scored at 6 for a 6"x 6" card base.
Layer 1- blue bazzill bling card stock was cut at 5 3/4" x 5 3/4" then the brown design paper from American Crafts was cut at 5 1/2" x 5 1/2". Next I added more design paper to this layer and its the blue polka dots, it measures 5"x 5"
Layer 2-  4 1/4" x 4 1/4" brown, next is blue 4" x 4", then the design paper with the gingerbread men is cut at 3 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Layer 3 (Window)- is created using the JustRite Die called Four In a Square Dies. I then used JustRite Hope Oval Frame and cut the sides to create the top and bottom ornate window toppers. All cut in brown card stock. I also stamped right on the design paper Merry Christmas using the sentiment from the JustRite Nativity Sentiments.

Flower layers- JustRite Floral Trio Two Dies (1,2,3 were used to create these),these were easy as I have a bag of them cut up using this random card stock I got for super cheap. so I keep them to color, however these are left plain. NOTHING done on them...hehehe now that is a first for me :) I did add a brown pearl to each center.

Bow Treatment- Really Reasonable Ribbon Gingham in Red, also used the bakers twine, and Foam Tabs to pop up my layers here.

Tiny Ornament tag was cut using JustRite Papercrafts Snowflake and Tag Dies. I cut it out with the coordinating design paper, and then stamped the sentiment and holly from these sets (Holly berry from JustRite Inside and Outside Christmas Sentiments), and then the Joyeux Noel is from the Small Oval Christmas Tidings stamp set. These are both newly released, and I LOVE all the sentiments in both of these sets.
Supplies Used:
JustRite Papercraft CR-05097 Inside and Outside Christmas Sentiments
JustRite Papercraft CR-05098 Small Oval Christmas Tidings
JustRite Papercraft CR- 05103 Nativity Sentiments
JustRite Papercraft DIE- 05001 Snowflake and Tag Dies
JustRite Papercraft DIE-05048 Hope Oval Frame Die(ornate piecing for top of window)
JustRite Papercraft DIE-05034 Four In a Square Dies(for window pane)
JustRite Papercraft DIE-05023 Floral Trio Two Dies(for flowers I used #1,#2 , #3)
Really Reasonable Ribbon bakers twine
Really Reasonable Ribbon 3/8" red gingham
Really Reasonable Ribbon brown leaves
Really Reasonable Ribbon Foam tabs
DCWV Tis The Season Stack

 Here is a close-up of the tag and bow I colored the holly and berries with copics R59 for the red, and then for the greens I used YG95, and YG13

Challenges:
Crafty Hazelnuts Challenge/Vintage or anything goes Christmas
My Sheri Craft/Christmas card with 3 dimensional embellishments(my flowers)
Polkadoodles /anything goes challenge
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge/ anything Christmas

I really had a lot of fun creating this fun Window of Christmas wishes! Hope you enjoyed my post for today, please let me know what you think!
hugs to all,
Cheryl

4 comments:

Sue Crease said...

Oh My, this card is just wonderful. Look at all the layers and embelishments! Fantastic . Thanks for sharing with us over at myshericrafts this week.
Sue.

Karon said...

Beautiful card and loving all the layers. Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes Polkadoodles Challenge

Karon DT, Polkadoodles

Lisbeth said...

hi
great card
thanks for playing with us at CHCC2
hugs Lisbeth
DT-CHCC2

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

Gorgeous hun thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles for our challenge 38 hugs Aly xx