Thursday, May 14, 2015

Victorian /Shabby Chic Calendar 2016

Hello everyone, and Happy Thursday to all!
Today I wanted to share a Calendar I made for the Splitcoaststampers challenge "May Flowers" and also to give as a gift. 
About 5 years ago, hubby and I made these wood stands to hold, calendars, recipes, and just sweet cards for the family. So this one is for my mom, she loves vintage dolls, and while helping her this past weekend, I picked up about 5 of these calendar things. I figured I would use it for the cards I make for the stands.
 
I cut her down a bit, and took the calendar off. Next I designed my card base for the hanger. All the bases measure 6 3/4 x 6 so they can hang on the stand.

I used the DCWV French Country Stack for the design paper, and did couple of layers, and added my sewing.

For the Ribbon bow, I used Really Reasonable Ribbons Blue Lace Seam binding, but dyed it last night using Mister Huey's "Heirloom Blue" die. I needed the seam binding to be a little different in color for this, although I think I liked it better the color it was before, now looking at the photo....LOL oh well, in person it looks fine....hehehe

The flowers I used are also from RRR and are the Sweetheart Blossoms. LOVE these!!!! Lastly I added some doily's, and some Moss green leaves.


 
Thank you for looking and have a lovely day!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

No comments: