Friday, May 29, 2009

PDD Friday/Alcohol Inks on Digi Image

Today I wanted to share with you how to use Alcohol Inks on a Image!
On this I used soft gloss photo paper! The Image I used is from Angels Landing, and its a darling digi image!
So first I took 2 of the 3 colors used (Ginger, and Latte) but you can use any colors.

Next I finishfilling in with the 2 colors and then added some pink to the ears and face.


Now you would want to add another color, in this case I added Caramel. Dont forget to add your blending solution everytime you add ink to your tool!!!
Then I used the Mixative(Copper) and filled in the areas that were not :)


this is my image done and cut out!!

All Alcohol inks and blending tool can be found here at Pez-A-Doodle designs



Here is the card I made with the darling Digi image from Angels Landing!





Here is another bear done with the same technique but on regular cardstock.
This darling bear is also from Angels Landing!!! You can find them here


I just had to show you one more, now the coloring on this one is done with copics!!!



Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!!!
All images can be found here at Angels Landing.com
Products used can be found here at Pez-A-Doodle Designs
Most links are above for the products I used:)
Hugs,
Cheryl

23 comments:

DG said...

Awesome Tutorial ...I never knew you could use the inks to color that way. I will have to try this! Thanks for the info and beautiful card as always :)

Stephanie said...

Love the bear, it looks so real! Awesome job and beautiful card!

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Great coloring and it's neat the way you compared the different paper and techniques!

Becky said...

Wonderful tutorial..I love your bears, these cards are just awesome.

Kelly Braund said...

Sooo adorable!

Anita said...

Wow! Awesome tutorial!

Jaspere said...

These are adorable. You are a gal that likes to get messy, huh? *LOL*

Judi M said...

What a neat way to give texture to the bear's fur. I never thought to color my images this way. Great technique, and your finished cards are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial! those cards look so soft and cuddly...

Jacquel said...

Too cute Cheryl and thanks for the tutorial! Love your cards and the adorable images you use...tfs!!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

When I saw the first close up photo, I thought the bear had some kind of fuzzy textured stuff on it. What a great effect you got on all these with the alcohol technique.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow! The bears look SO life-like! I thought it was one of those tear bear things I've seen on the net! Beautiful job and great tutorial!

Michelle Forrest said...

Cheryl, these cards are just stunning! I am going to have to try this tutorial! Your bows, what can I say about your bows? They are amazing! Love these cards. Hugs, Michelle

laos348 said...

Very cool way to color teddy bears - beautiful job!

Jane, at Thepaperaffair said...

Cheryl,
Thank YOU for the tutorial, I enjoyed it and have seen them in the stores but I never was sure on how to use them. You do great work on your cards.

Angie Williams said...

so cute! I am going to try this technique with my alcohol inks too! Thanks for sharing! :)

Unknown said...

ahh how cute, what a great tutorial

Ann said...

What a sweet, sweet image! Thanks for the cool tutorial, too.

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Wow!! these are beautiful and thanks for the tutorial.

Kendra said...

Thanks for the tut! I've never used alcohol inks, but I might have to try them. Your cards are so detailed and beautiful, I adore them :)

Kelly L said...

Awww, so sweet! Teddy bears were truly my FIRST love. These are really adorable, and I love your technique, as it makes him look kinda plush and fuzzy! CUTE! :) Kel

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

OH MY GOSH! Those teddy cards are so sweet!! Your TUTORIAL is awesome!

Joy said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an awesome technique. Thank you for sharing that with us. I'd love to try it. Your cards are adorable!