Wednesday, May 27, 2009

PDD Wednesday/Alcohol Ink Technique

This card was designed for SCS Sketch Challenge and I used the Alcohol Ink Technique on the one background.
Here are some pictures to show you how and what I used on mine
First I didnt have the right paper, so I used shiny photo paper :)

I used 3 different Alcohol inks to start with . At the one end I added a few drops of Ginger, then Latte, and then caramel.


Next I added the copic refill of the colorless blender(just add it over all your colors on the pad, before you start dabbing), I didnt have the alcohol blending stuff for this so I had to make due with what I did have :)

then I just started dabbing in different directions.

Once it looked like this, I added more Ginger and alcohol (copic colorless blending ) to the pad. You can find the Blending Tool here

You will then have a look like this! They will all look sooo different just mess around until you have the look you like :)



Next I used the Distress Crackle paint. I added some to my tile and then dabbed some on the blending tool.


Then just dabb on the paper in different spots :)
And there you have it!!! All done. You can try other colors, of course these are my first colors, so I will have to get others to try :)


Here is my card all done!
Thank you for looking and have a wonderful day!!!!
All products used for this technique(not copic refill) can be found here at Pez-A-Doodle Designs!!!
Have fun, and hope you will try this fun technique :)
Hugs,
Cheryl

13 comments:

Good Kardma by Jules said...

Too cute! Love what you did with the alcohol inks.

Sandie said...

Beautiful card. Aren't alcohol inks fun, fun, fun!!!??!! Your colours sounded good enough to eat.. ginger/latte/caramel.. *drool*

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Another absolutely fabulous card Cheryl and im loving what you have done with those alcohol inks. I have used this technique on acetate before, but not on normal card, will give it a go. I love the colours and that gorgeous tilda image too. You work always inspires me and the tutorial is fabulous hunny and very useful. Hope you are having a good week, its raining here today, but with no school its nice not to have to do the school run. Enjoy your evening, hugs Linda x

Wendy said...

Thanks for the great tutorial! Awesome card!! :)

Jaspere said...

What a great technique and a super cute card.

Michelle Forrest said...

This looks like lots of fun! I might have to try this! Your card is adorable!

Jennie said...

I have never tried alcohol inks...I think I am missing something :o) Great job!

Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness that back ground is just incredible!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Beautiful card and thanks for the tutorial!!

Louise F NZ said...

Great technique, will definitely have to give this one a go. Love the magnolia image too, totally cute.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Looks great! I have not tried alcohol inks yet, but something I'd like to try in the future!
Love the Magnolia :)

Anita said...

Wow! This so beautfiul!

Lesly said...

What a gorgeous background. I love using alcohol inks, but have never tried the crackle stuff. TFS.