Friday, February 26, 2016

It sucks to get old

Hello everyone, Super excited to share my card today, as I have been working on using lots of my OLD stamps! Next I need to work on mailing out cards...YEP as normally I give those in person, well not anymore! Its my goal this year!


So this card here was designed for Splitcoaststampers Way to use it challenge " HUMOR" was the challenge for us. Use humor on your card. Well long story short, it took me about 2 hours to find a stamp among all my stamps....LOL and this one , I didn't even know I Had! LOL hahaha Card took me roughly about25 minutes to create, super simple I tell ya! Also made for Really Reasonable Ribbons challenge #135 "Celebrate with Ribbon or Trim!
 
I used some a 5 x 10 white card stock, scored in the middle at 5. Next I took some black scrap card stock, and cut the piece down to 4  3/4" x 4 3/4", then the dp at 4 1/2" x 4 1/2". Next the center piece I had left on my table and it measured 4 1/4" x 3" so I used it, and then cut the dp piece for it @ 4" x 2 3/4", then did my sewing. Next I cut the spellbinders frames out, and stamped my 2 unity images and colored them. super easy and fast to make, as this card is pretty simple. The Heartfelt Creations die piece was already cut, as I had cut it last week, but didn't use it. So figured I would on this card. My bow is created with really reasonable ribbon, and took seconds to create. I did add some buttons from my stash to the bow, and some stickles to the sucker.
Supplies used:
Unity stamps/ Itty bitty
American Crafts/Pebbles dp "Ever After"
Really Reasonable Ribbon/polka dot black and white, and pink satin
American Crafts /Card stock black and Bazzill pink
Heartfelt Creations / Die cut
Embellishments/Buttons from my stash and stickles



Thank you for looking!
hugs
Cheryl

4 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Super cute Cheryl. I just love the lollipop-it was the perfect choice with your sentiment. Yes it sucks to get old....but it is better than the alternative...lol Always love your work.
Bear hugs,
Carol

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello, sweet Cheryl. Your bow is stunning. This is absolutely stunning. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon in our Celebrations Challenge. I love your art, and hope that you will join us again soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Really Reasonable Ribbon

Jennifer Scull said...

not only did your card give me a chuckle, but I was drooling over that gorgeous bow! fabulous!

Thank you so much for joining our "Celebrate with Ribbon or Trim" challenge at the Really Reasonable Ribbon blog! :)

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card Cheryl! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.