Friday, April 5, 2013

Pages of Time

Hello everyone and Happy Friday !!!!
Today I'm sharing a Layout that I did for the Scrapbook Store challenge they have going on right now. I  came across this wonderful sketch that was on Sandie's blog. I thought it would be perfect for a vintage page!


For my page, I used a random dp for the back layer and tore and distressed the edges. All the small layers are done with Prima Songbird design paper pack and distressed with Tim Holtz ink. next I added CottageCutz Scallop doily's,those too were distressed to give an aged look to them.

After I glued everything down, then added my beautiful white lace to the bottom. It was hard  for me to use this lace, since I only have about 2 1/2 yards of it. I have been hoarding it......LOL Same with the Prima flowers. I normally will use 1 -2 in an album since I like to mix and match.... No really I like to hoard them.....hahahahahaahaha, they are sooo beautiful. I have found myself using them more and more, and now I will have to replace them.

On the sticker it says "Travel Through The Pages of Time"

I did add in some leaves, and some chipboard/sticker sentiments. I found that they make a perfect addition to a layout. Will be using more of them!! :)


Here is the sketch I used from The Scrapbook Store.



Look how cute my Mom was when she was little. Sooo SWEET! This page needs to be framed!

Lastly I added some Prima swirls of pearls and flowers to the top part of  the page.
Challenges:
The Scrapbook Store/ Sketch Challenge
Fab N Funky/April Showers
Rhedd & Rosies Challenge/Vintage /Shabby



Thank you for looking and have a lovely weekend!!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl

11 comments:

cebelica said...

This page is gorgeous. I love the vintage feel. Hugs! xx

Atty Fatty said...

beautiful !!

Shirley said...

Beautiful LO! Thank you for joining us this week at Fab'n'Funky!

lady jasmine crafts said...

O such a beautiful card thank you for joining us at Rhedd and Rosie. xx

fiction book reviews said...

Lovely layout, thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky x

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous...Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky this week.
Wendy xx

Zoe said...

Wow! Superb layout, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's challenge, good luck Hun, Zoe DT xxx

Tina said...

stunning , just stunning , its perfect. TYhanks for joining us at Rhedd & Rosies . Hugs Tina x

Sandie said...

I love your layout it is super special and the vintage appeal is so fabulous. Thanks for coming over and joining in the challenge this month, so nice having someone I know join in!! xxxx

Lizzyc said...

This is gorgeous.. love the vintage feel and love the flowers and flourishes.. New follower here, I was looking at the layouts in the scrapbook store sketch and really love your work.. hope to be back to see more!!

RoseC said...

Cheryl, your fabulous vintage photo looks wonderful on this gorgeous distressed layout. So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Spring Flowers" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose